Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 23, 2010 - GolfTec Lesson, Oxnard, California

One of the things that Stan and I have done to try and improve our golf game is to take lessons.  Before I would even go back on any course, I wanted to try and correct old mistakes.  We took three lessons from Bogey Bob in Newbury Park which got my confidence up enough to pick up my clubs and start golfing after 6-1/2 years.  After playing a while, Stan signed us up for a diagnosis of our swing at GolfTec in the Golfsmith store in Oxnard.  GolfTec  After the diagnosis, we signed up for lessons with Joe Dougherty, the resident pro.  jdougherty@golftec.com  What can I say?  We love Joe, not only for what he has done for our game, which is plenty, but because he is a great guy and a terrific instructor.  
Stan and Joe in one of the GolfTec bays.  Notice the GolfTec hat which Stan received after breaking 100!
Golftec offers a terrific environment to learn golf.  Not only do we have Joe's instruction, but we have access to our lesson, drills and comments on our personal website.  Joe is accessible and is able to translate a complicated game into words and concepts we can relate to and use in a practical setting.   
A video comparison - my swing to a pro's.




We were lucky to have him play 10 holes with us on our trip to La Quinta in October.  We are going back to La Quinta this weekend with GolfTec (a great deal - $450 per person for two nights at La Quinta Resort and unlimited golf on beautiful - and tough - courses), and we hope to play with him again!

2 comments:

  1. I agree Joe is a great teacher and wonderful guy. My husband and I have started lessons but are on a hiatus because of some health set backs. I am looking forward to getting started again in the new year! Joe really knows how to teach and how to analyze (and fix!) my swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe has been a great teacher to us for several years now. We love discussing anything & everything golf-related with him. Joe is particularly good at tweaking the nuances of David's golf swing while staying more "big picture" for me.
    We are so sorry to miss this La Quinta trip but are determined to make the next one!
    -David & Fiona Uhler

    ReplyDelete